We are presently experiencing an £800 shortfall each month in our Emergency Hardship Fund. Unless we get more regular donations, then the Hardship Fund for Destitute Asylum Seekers and their dependants will be reduced from £2000 to £1200 each month. We don’t want this to happen because demand is increasing yet demand from the most vulnerable is increasing.
It also gives information about how to volunteer and donate food at our annual winter surgery to support vulnerable people over Christmas and New Year when many services shut down.
Below is information about how to donate to this vital appeal:
PLEASE donate to our Christmas Destitution Appeal for destitute asylum seekers and their families in Glasgow and help us provide crisis payments, food, shelter and winter clothing for the most vulnerable.
How to give a donation:
1. Donate by SMS (mobile phone text messages):
Just text PAIH99, with £1, £2, £3, £5 or £10, to 70070, e.g. textPAIH99 £5 to 70070.
2. Send a cheque made payable to PAIH Ltd (please mark the back of the cheque, Winter Appeal 2013), and post to:
Positive Action in Housing Ltd, 98 West George Street, Glasgow G2 1PJ
3. Give an online donation, safely and securely using Justgiving, using your credit/debit card/PayPal.
Simply click on the link below: http://www.justgiving.com/winter-destitution-appeal. You can leave a message of support with your name, or donate anonymously, it’s up to you. Plus JustGiving collects the Gift Aid for us. Just remember to tick the box to ensure your donation is “gift aided”, thus adding an extra 25% if you’re a UK taxpayer.
4. Give a regular, monthly donation or make a one off payment, using internet banking.
Our secure account details are: Positive Action in Housing Ltd (SC027577) Sort code 82-20-00, A/c 00447398
* Please note: all proceeds from this appeal will go DIRECTLY to provide food, shelter and humanitarian support to destitute asylum seekers and their dependents.