This year marks the 70th anniversary of the bombing of the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. To commemorate the event and to draw attention to the continuing horror of nuclear weapons many people around the world are fasting between these two dates. Community members Brian Quail and Ellen Moxley are both participating in this event. While Brian is doing it in Glasgow, Ellen will be fasting outside the Scottish parliament to show support for the Scottish Government’s anti-Trident stance and also to hold them accountable to the pledge of eliminating nuclear weapons from Scotland and the world. Ellen’s fast will begin at 8.15 a.m. on Thursday 6th and end at noon on the 9th. She would welcome support from Community Members, Associates and Friends, either in person outside the Parliament, or in solidarity actions or in your thoughts and prayers.
- Refugees from Eden: Voices of lament, courage and justice – new Wild Goose book of reflections, poems and prayers written by those supporting refugees and by refugees themselves, edited by Rosemary Power
- Members and Associates area of the website
- Mainland Office – Public Holiday
- Designing and Leading Christian Worship
- Camas – Last minute availability!