People of faith in situations of the greatest desperation have, through the centuries, sung in the face of despair and death. It is entirely fitting and uplifting to see the BBC choosing to film Songs of Praise from Calais, witnessing to the way people who are the most marginalised and maligned raise their voices in praise and prayer and singing, God’s people trace their liberation through the Bible and through history to the defiant and heartfelt acts of prayer and praise. From Miriam to Mary songs have told of a freedom which is not of this world, but of God’s commonwealth of love. We in the Iona Community sing with them, delighting in their praise and joining our tears in solidarity to their despair. People of Calais – God’s good people – you do not sing alone.
- Refugees from Eden: Voices of lament, courage and justice – new Wild Goose book of reflections, poems and prayers written by those supporting refugees and by refugees themselves, edited by Rosemary Power
- Members and Associates area of the website
- Mainland Office – Public Holiday
- Designing and Leading Christian Worship
- Camas – Last minute availability!