Below is a note of the 2017 service times at the abbey:

9pm Saturday night
1030am Sunday morning
7.30pm every other night except Saturday
9am every morning except Sunday and Friday – Friday is 0810.

Everyone is welcome at these services.

Share →

16 Responses to 2017 Service times at the Abbey

1. Linda Malpas says:

Hi, I’m hoping to come to one of your services during my stay on Mull (we’re here until Saturday Oct 31st).
    As a wheelchair user, please could you let me know if I might face any accessibility issues.
    Many thanks
    Linda Malpas

• Karen Turner says:

Hi Linda

I have asked my colleagues on Iona to respond to this email as they will be in a better place to offer correct information.

Please let me know if you do not hear from them within a week.

Karen

2. Helen Wosu says:

Are the services times for the Abbey given above still valid for winter? I am visiting Iona the first week of November 2017 and hope to attend daily services at the Abbey

• Karen Turner says:

hi Helen

I have just updated the Service time for winter.
      Below is a note of the Winter service at the Abbey:
      Until Friday 27th October services are held in the Abbey Church. From Saturday 28th October services will be held in the Michael Chapel.

Saturday 9.30am Morning Prayer
      Sunday 7.30pm Quiet Time
      Monday 9.30am Morning Prayer
      Tuesday 9.30am Morning Prayer, 7.30pm Service of Prayer for Healing and Laying on of Hands
      Wednesday 9.30am Morning Prayer
      Thursday 9.30am Morning Prayer, 7.30pm Holy Communion or Agape
      Friday 9.30am Morning Prayer

Everyone is welcome at these services. Please note that at certain times the time and themes may change.  Updated notices will be posted on Iona.

• Hannah says:

Are these service times valid through the end of March? April?

• Pat Bennett says:

Hi Hannah
          The current service times have altered slightly since the previous reply was posted. At the moment there are no evening services (prayers for healing are included with the Tuesday morning service) but there is Morning Prayer in the Michael Chapel each day (except Sunday) at 9.30am. Services in the Abbey will resume their 9.00am/9.00pm pattern later in the spring – the exact date of change over has yet to be confirmed but will be advertised here on the website on our Islands Centre pages and also on Iona itself. We will also be having a full range of services during Holy Week – once again the details will be posted here on the website as soon as plans are finalised and the services will be well advertised locally.
          Pat

3. De Klee says:

Pls can you tell me if you are having a Christmas Day service. Will there be any Ferry crossings on Monday 25th from Mull?

• Karen Turner says:

I’m sorry, but there will not be a Christmas Day service, however there will be a “Watchnight” service on Christmas Eve. the ferry between Mull and Iona does not run on christmas Day

4. Rachel Searle says:

Hi there
    We are visiting Mull from 6-13 April. One of our party is a wheelchair user. Will they be able to visit the Abbey and surrounds?
    Thanks in advance for your help,
    Rachel

5. Jeanette says:

I have been given the Iona Abbey’s name to ask for prayer for one of our congregations daughter who is terminally ill and is/in a hospice can you tell me please advise who to contact to pass this prayer request on.

Thank you.
    Email is all l/c
    Jeanette

• Pat Bennett says:

Hi Jeanette
      Apologies for the delay in responding. If you would like your friend’s daughter added to the lists for prayer on Iona and by the Iona prayer Circle then email the details to the prayer circle secretary – Rosemary Power – on [email protected] We will remember her and her family here in Glasgow too in our weekly liturgy.
      Pat

6. Jeanette says:

Hi one of my friends at church has a daughter who is terminally ill and is waiting on a bed at a hospice in Edinburgh, can I please ask that you hold both her terminally daughter and family and mother in your healing prayers. The mother is Mary Leitch and her sick daughter is Isobel. I ask that Jesus’s peace and comfort will be with them at this time.

7. Mary Whalley says:

Please can you confirm for 2018 that weekdays there is worship in the Abbey at 7.30pm. Thanks

• Pat Bennett says:

Hi Mary
      There are currently no evening services (prayers for healing are included in the morning service on Tuesdays). However once daily evening worship resumes in the Abbey, services will be at 9.00pm. We do not know yet the exact date which they will resume in the Abbey but we will be posting information about this on the website as soon as it is available. Similarly we will publishing the schedule for services in Holy Week as soon as that is confirmed. During the season all services in the Abbey will be widely advertised around the Island and you will also be able to see details on our website pages relating to the Islands Centres. Hope this helps.
      Pat