We are very much looking forward to welcoming guests to our Abbey Centre here on Iona as soon as it becomes possible. However, due to delays caused by lockdown, we regret that we will be unable to welcome guests who are booked to stay with us before 26 September 2020.
For those booked to arrive before 26 September, please consider the following options:
1) Transfer your deposit and arrange to stay with us at the Abbey in 2021 (at 2020 prices)
2) Turn your deposit into a donation towards securing the future of the Iona Community in these uncertain times
3) Obtain a refund:
i. Claim on your insurance, as advised by us at the time of booking (we can provide the necessary documentation)
ii. If this is unsuccessful, the Iona Community will refund your deposit
Contact Karen at [email protected] to arrange dates for next year, to turn your deposit into a donation or to obtain insurance or refund details.
For those booked to come from 26 September onwards, we will not ask you to pay the final balance until we are confident that guests will be allowed to travel to Iona and to stay with us. We will keep your place and will check on any government restrictions which may apply.
Visitors to the UK from some countries are currently required to self-isolate on arrival in the UK for 14 days before continuing their visit.
For further information, please check the following websites:
- Scottish Government information on Covid-19 & current regulations
- Lockdown: Scottish Government’s route map through & out of the crisis
- UK Government information on Covid-19 & current regulations
- Lockdown: self-isolation for those entering the UK from overseas from 8 June
We are keeping the situation under review and will post news of any new developments on the Iona Community website.