NEEDED: Volunteers to work 2019 season at Camas on the Wild West of Scotland!
Camas is a unique outdoor centre based in an isolated bay in South West Mull, offering weekly residential programmes. With activities on our doorstep we offer nurturing outdoor experiences and a sense of community for young people from some of the UK’s most disadvantaged areas. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to give things a go, prepared to live in a very close knit community and who can offer real hospitality and warmth to centre guests.
What it involves:
- Living and working together as part of a team to provide a welcoming, safe and wonderful place for groups coming to Camas
- Leading and assisting adventurous outdoor activities such as climbing, kayaking, wild camping, and coasteering
- Enabling young people to explore and discover a relationship with nature and the world around them
- An off-grid simple lifestyle, tending to building, grounds, garden and woodland
- Facilitating space with groups to reflect & make meaning together from our shared & individual experiences
When is it?
Longer term volunteers – start of April to early October
Shorter term volunteers – late April to end of August
(please note it is essential for volunteers to be available for staff training from 21st April to 4th May)
We offer you:
Training and support
1 ½ days off at the weekend plus a half-day off during the week
2 weeks holiday plus £75 holiday allowance
£30 allowance a week, full board and lodging including own room or wooden hut
Take a look at what we got up to in the 2018 season:
The Camas Diary – http://thecamasdiary.blogspot.co.uk/
The Camas film – link to film
The Iona Community at Camas - 2019 before completing your application form.
Closing date: 18th January 2019
All Camas Staff will need to be or become Members of Scotland’s Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or provide equivalent proof prior to taking up their post at Camas.