NEEDED: Volunteers to work 2019 season at Camas on the Wild West of Scotland!
Camas is a unique outdoor centre based in an isolated bay in South West Mull, offering weekly residential programmes. With activities on our doorstep we offer nurturing outdoor experiences and a sense of community for young people from some of the UK’s most disadvantaged areas. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to give things a go, prepared to live in a very close knit community and who can offer real hospitality and warmth to centre guests.
What it involves:
- Living and working together as part of a team to provide a welcoming, safe and wonderful place for groups coming to Camas
- Leading and assisting adventurous outdoor activities such as climbing, kayaking, wild camping, and coasteering
- Enabling young people to explore and discover a relationship with nature and the world around them
- An off-grid simple lifestyle, tending to building, grounds, garden and woodland
- Facilitating space with groups to reflect & make meaning together from our shared & individual experiences
When is it?
Longer term volunteers – start of April to early October
Shorter term volunteers – late April to end of August
(please note it is essential for volunteers to be available for staff training from 21st April to 4th May)
We offer you:
Training and support
1 ½ days off at the weekend plus a half-day off during the week
2 weeks holiday plus £75 holiday allowance
£30 allowance a week, full board and lodging including own room or wooden hut
Take a look at what we got up to in the 2018 season:
The Camas Diary – http://thecamasdiary.blogspot.co.uk/
The Camas film – link to film
Please read The Iona Community at Camas - 2019 before completing your application form.
For questions or queries email [email protected]
Applications must be on the [Download not found]
All Camas Staff will need to be or become Members of Scotland’s Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or provide equivalent proof prior to taking up their post at Camas.