We are full Members, Associate, Youth and Staff Members, Volunteers and Friends of the Iona Community. What we share, expressed in many different ways, is an experience of the liberating power of Jesus Christ, and a commitment to the personal and social transformation that spring from the vision and values of the gospel.
Members share a common Rule which includes:
- Daily prayer and reading the Bible
- Mutual sharing and accountability for our use of time and money
- Regular meeting together
- Action and reflection for justice, peace and the integrity of creation
Members meet regularly throughout the year in local groups and in 4 plenary gatherings, including a week on Iona.
Become part of our movement
We invite you to join the Iona Community and so become part of a wider movement seeking a more just and equal society, a fairer, more sustainable way of living on the Earth, and a progressive renewal of the Church and its worship.
become a Friend
For as little as £3 a month you can support the work of the Iona Community. As a Friend you will receive:
- four issues of year of our magazine, Coracle, ‘the single most dynamic voice for liberation theology in Britain today’;
- advance copy of our Islands Centres programme;
- the Iona Community Annual Report
- monthly updates through eCoracle, our electronic newsletter
become an Associate Member
Associate Members are in agreement with the Community’s work and concerns and commit themselves to participating in the life of the Community by observing aspects of the Rule of the Community.
For a less than £5 per month, in addition to the benefits listed above, you will receive:
- an annual copy of the Iona Community Prayer Book;
- access to the Members Directory on the website;
- news from the Associates Advisory Group and the opportunity to meet with other Associates through regional groups.
Associates of over two years’ standing are eligible to apply to join the New Members’ Programme with a view to becoming a full Member.
To enrol as a Friend or Associate download our membership form.
To enrol and pay by Credit Card online click here