NEEDED: Volunteers to work 2020 season at Camas on the Wild West of Scotland!
Camas is a unique outdoor centre based in an isolated bay in South West Mull, offering weekly residential programmes. With activities on our doorstep we offer nurturing outdoor experiences and a sense of community for young people from some of the UK’s most disadvantaged areas. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to give things a go, prepared to live in a very close knit community and who can offer real hospitality and warmth to centre guests.
What it involves:
- Living and working together as part of a team to provide a welcoming, safe and wonderful place for groups coming to Camas
- Leading and assisting adventurous outdoor activities such as climbing, kayaking, wild camping, and coasteering
- Working in the organic garden to help produce lots of fresh vegetables and salads
- Tending to the newly planted native woodland
- Doing maintenance jobs to help keep the buildings and surroundings in good condition
- Enabling young people to explore and discover a relationship with nature and the world around them
- An off-grid simple lifestyle
- Facilitating space with groups to reflect & make meaning together from our shared & individual experiences
When is it?
Longer term volunteers – late March to mid-October
Shorter term volunteers – mid-April to early Sept
(please note it is essential for volunteers to be available for staff training from 12 April to 25th April)
We offer you:
- Training and support
- 1 ½ days off at the weekend plus a half-day off during the week
- 2 weeks holiday plus £75 holiday allowance (3 weeks for those volunteering over the full season)
- £30 allowance a week, full board and lodging including own room or wooden hut
Closing date: 9th January 2020
For questions or queries call us: +44(0)1681 700367
or email [email protected]
Take a look at what we got up to in the 2019 season:
The Camas Diary – http://thecamasdiary.blogspot.co.uk/
The Camas film – Camas film 2018
All Camas Staff will need to be or become Members of Scotland’s Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or provide equivalent proof prior to taking up their post at Camas.