What is the Iona Community?
Our short flyer ‘About the Iona Community’ and our longer strategic vision, ‘Transforming Lives to Change the World’ will give you core information about our work and witness inlcuiding our Strategic Vision.
We are Members, Associate Members, Youth and Staff, Volunteers and Friends of the Iona Community. What we share, expressed in many different ways, is an experience of the liberating power of Jesus Christ, and a commitment to the personal and social transformation that spring from the vision and values of the gospel.
Members share a common Rule which includes:
- Daily prayer and reading the Bible
- Mutual sharing and accountability for our use of time and money
- Regular meeting together
- Action and reflection for justice, peace and the integrity of creation
Members meet regularly throughout the year in local and regional groups, around our Common Concerns, and in plenary gatherings, usually including a week on Iona.
Our organisational work
- our work with young people,
- our publications house Wild Goose Publications, and our online and paper magazine, Coracle
- our work revitalising worship through the Wild Goose Resource Group
- our central administration
For further information about the Iona Community, our concerns and how to get involved, please email [email protected]
Information for Students and Researchers – An Iona Community Reading list...