This policy sets out how Iona Community aims to repay the trust you have shown by connecting with the charity.
Who are ‘we’?
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’, it refers to The Iona Community, a registered charity with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
Our full legal information is:
The Iona Community, a charity registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
The Iona Community (being a company limited by guarantee and not having a share capital).
Our registered office is Suite 9 Fairfield, 1048 Govan Road, Glasgow, G51 4XS.
What are ‘cookies’?
Do I have to agree to cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you should be able to change your browser to prevent that. You should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This should then give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. If you do not change your browser settings and continue to use Our websites We will infer that you have consented to Us using cookies for the purposes set out below.
- avoid lengthy registration/personalisation of the site each time you visit and personalise it to suit your requirements
- recognise you when you login and make it easier for you to access your account information
- estimate Our audience size and patterns
- ensure that you are not asked to register twice
- control how often visitors see similar adverts
- track preferences and to improve and update Our websites
- track the progress and number of entries in some of Our activities and events.
Where can I get more information?
Our websites may feature embedded ‘share’ buttons to enable users to easily share articles with their friends through a number of popular social networks. These sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party Website for more information about these.