Mission Statement: We seek to enable growth in love, respect, and awareness of ourselves, each other, God, and the environment.
Camas is the Iona Community’s outdoor activity centre on Mull. It is housed in 200-year old cottages nestled in a beautiful bay, 1 ¼ miles walk from the road to Fionnphort on the way to Iona. It’s a place of great beauty, off the grid and away from the relentless pressures of instant communication, where you can live simply, enjoying the natural rhythms of day and night, the nearness of nature and the warmth of community. We have an organic garden which supplies some of our vegetarian diet and this, along with our expanding woodland and the seashore are great places to relax and escape.
What we offer at Camas:
- Week long nurturing outdoor and community experiences for young people and adults, as part of a group or individually
- A safe, caring environment with unconditional positive regard
- Flexible programmes to meet our guests’ needs
- Growth in confidence through outdoor activities, time in our organic garden and beautiful surrounding landscape, helping out in the kitchen or reflecting on experiences
- Opportunities for personal and group development
- A range of activities to build confidence and community and aimed at bringing guests and staff together and allowing time for individuals to value each other and themselves including: kayaking and raft building; rock climbing and abseiling; forest, forage & nature connecting (John Muir Award available); wild camping; coasteering; low level hill walking and beach trips; art, crafts, drama and music; solo & group reflections; time in the kitchen and gardens; G.S.D’s (getting stuff done) –washing up, feeding chickens, taking care of the centre etc – all rounded off by candlelit suppers and evenings by the fire.