This policy sets out how Iona Community aims to repay the trust you have shown by sharing your personal data with the charity.
Who are ‘we’?
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’, it refers to The Iona Community, a registered charity with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
Our full legal information is:
The Iona Community, a charity registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (SC096243).
The Iona Community (being a company limited by guarantee and not having a share capital).
Our registered office is Suite 9 Fairfield, 1048 Govan Road, Glasgow, G51 4XS.
Your acceptance of this policy, and Our right to change it
By using Our websites, social media pages or providing your information you consent to Our collection and use of the information you provide in the way(s) set out in this policy. If you do not agree to this policy please do not use Our sites, social media pages or services.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If we do so, we will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time We post them. This policy was last changed in March 2021.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address.
The policy in brief
It’s important that you read the full policy to understand what information We hold, how We may use it, and what your rights are – but if you don’t have time to read it all now, here’s a quick summary:
- We collect information that is either personal data (as outlined above) or non–personal data
(such as IP addresses, pages accessed etc)
- We collect information about the people we work with, our members, supporters, users, volunteers and employees.
- We collect information to provide services or goods, to provide information, to fundraise for Our peace building and reconciliation work, for administration, research, profiling, analysis, and for the prevention/detection of crime.
- We only collect the information that we need or that would be useful to Us in Our quest to provide the best possible service.
- We do our very best to keep personal information secure, including SSL technology (secure server software) and data encryption wherever we collect personal data online.
- We never sell your data and we will never share it with another company or charity for marketing purposes.
- We only share data where we are required by law or with carefully selected partners who do work for us. All our partners are required by their contract to treat your data as carefully as We would, to only use it as instructed, and to allow us to check that they do this.